Integrations and APIs for Service

Get Involved. Join the Conversation.

Topic

    Jason Owens
    Issues migrating from 1.3 to 1.4 - Anyone else upgrade?
    Topic posted December 14, 2017 by Jason OwensBlue Ribbon: 750+ Points, last edited December 15, 2017 
    159 Views, 4 Comments
    Title:
    Issues migrating from 1.3 to 1.4 - Anyone else upgrade?
    Content:

    Does anyone happen to have a list of changes from 1.3 to 1.4? The more I dig into this the more concerned i am about it breaking my addins.



    So far i've found:





     



    And now it looks like properties are being removed from objects???



     



    According to the documentation the Incident.Product object should have a Parents field:





    And in 1.3 I can get an Incident.Product.Parents list





    However after switching to 1.4 the parents property is gone:





     



    This field is not listed in any of the release notes going back to 2015 as depreciated or removed, so I'm concerned there may be other fields that were removed from 1.4.



     



    Does anyone have experience upgrading from 1.3 to 1.4 and can provide pointers on what exactly has changed and fields were removed? Pretty much every call to the RightNowSyncPortClient had to be changed moving to 1.4, so i'm hesitant to do any more work on my project until i know what else is broken.



     



    Thanks!



     



     

    Version:
    May 2017

    Comment

     

    • Suresh Thirukoti

      Wow...great list.....Thanks for the compilation...for last few weeks, we are receiving this issues related to majorly WSDL url change which is big disaster kind of thing for us....I already flagged to my internal teams so waiting Oracle documentation team to fix the documentation

      ~Suresh

    • Mohana Gopal Selvam

      We also facing this problems. Oracle Support asked us to use v1.3 until they provide more details. We are waiting for more inputs from Oracle.

      Thanks,

      Mohan

    • Walter Kamp

      Thanks!



      A CPM issue I ran into after upgrading to Aug 17: https://cloudcustomerconnect.oracle.com/posts/176777bb36



      Cheers,

      Walter

    • Jason Owens

      for the sake of completion, it seems like RightNowSyncPortClient calls added two additional arguments, making a bit of work to move between 1.3 and 1.4, depending on how many of these calls you have.

       

      in 1.3 a call may look like:

      _client.GetValuesForNamedID(clientInfoHeader, null, "Incident.AssignedTo.Account");


      and in 1.4 you add the previously noted ApiAccessRequestHeader, as well as an 'out' argument:

      _client.GetValuesForNamedID(clientInfoHeader, apiAccessRequestHeader, null, "Incident.AssignedTo.Account", out valuesForNamedID);

       

      It's worth noting that the new out argument isn't always at the end either, for example with QueryCSV there is an out for the CSVTableSet added at the second to last place, just before the existing FileData out argument.