Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - General

Get Involved. Join the Conversation.

Topic

    Peter Chastain
    REST Data Services - 503 Service UnavailableAnswered
    Topic posted September 26, 2019 by Peter ChastainGreen Ribbon: 100+ Points, last edited September 26, 2019, tagged Autonomous Database, Autonomous OLTP, Developer Tools 
    245 Views, 7 Comments
    Title:
    REST Data Services - 503 Service Unavailable
    Summary:
    REST Data Services - 503 Service Unavailable - connection pool is not correctly configured - No more data to read from socket
    Content:

    Can you please help us fix this?

    This is a brand new Autonomous Transaction Processing Database instance recently provisioned.

    The provisioning part worked well, but we get this same error when attempting to connect via either APEX or SQL Developer Web.

    We have a CSI, but apparently it takes 48 hours to activate, so MOS is unwilling to help us until that time.

    Have been talking and chatting with MOS and Cloud Support for 12 hours trying to get this resolved.

    Come on Oracle you can do better than this...much room for improvement for a first time Cloud customer experience! You call that CX yes!?

     

    ORACLE REST Data Services

     

    503 Service Unavailable

    • The connection pool named: |ocid1.tenancy.oc1..aaaaaaaaieysikg3a3id4dmd5vyj4baokqrzbw4kfivznfdv523ddojm4tea-myappdb|re| is not correctly configured, due to the following error(s): No more data to read from socket

    Best Comment

    Peter Chastain

    Thanks again Rick.

    This morning it's fixed, yay!

    Apparently it fixed itself, or maybe the friendly elves fixed something overnight after I called several times to report this problem.

    Either way, we're off and running, and surely this will go more smoothly for the next new Oracle Cloud customer.

    I hope you are also able to resolve the problem you mentioned. Just keep banging on the MOS (My Oracle Support) Team until they get it fixed. They will.

    I'll also do what I can to help.

    Best,

    Peter.

    Comment

     

    • Rick Kelder

      I almost have the same problem, guess it autonomously decided we are not worthy of access:

       

      503 Service Unavailable

      • The connection pool named: |ocid1.tenancy.oc1..aaaaaaaanusfse3dkdgbymmsgkm5tfn7rzmc2xvlhei..-somedb|re| is not correctly configured, due to the following error(s): Exception occurred while getting connection: oracle.ucp.UniversalConnectionPoolException: Cannot get Connection from Datasource: java.sql.SQLException: Listener refused the connection with the following error: ORA-12529, TNS:connect request rejected based on current filtering rules
      • Peter Chastain
        Exactly. Thanks Rick. Somehow my hunch is this not a purely technical problem. Supposedly my CSI will be active soon (48 hours max they say), so I'll take it up with MOS. I'll let you know, and also please let me know if you can make progress and fix on your side.
        • Rick Kelder

          Thanks Peter! We are also really looking forward to seeing this work (and already using it in our dev environment, just trying to PoC it right now). I've tried a number of things including logging in from a laptop installed SQLDeveloper through the ATP wallet and give access to different users as well as moving the ATP to different compartments and even provisioning it a second time, neither of the solutions work. If we do find a solution on our side we will post it here.

          P.S. I have also seen the same 503 error messages as you in addition to the error above, as well as something in the lines of: cannot push credentials to user ADMIN

          • Peter Chastain
            Thanks Rick. Perhaps these are purely technical problems. We'll see once our CSI activates and we push for a root cause and fix. We also tried terminating and re-provisioning, and received the same error again. Yes let's keep posting updates here... we'll get there.
          • Peter Chastain

            Thanks again Rick.

            This morning it's fixed, yay!

            Apparently it fixed itself, or maybe the friendly elves fixed something overnight after I called several times to report this problem.

            Either way, we're off and running, and surely this will go more smoothly for the next new Oracle Cloud customer.

            I hope you are also able to resolve the problem you mentioned. Just keep banging on the MOS (My Oracle Support) Team until they get it fixed. They will.

            I'll also do what I can to help.

            Best,

            Peter.

            • Rick Kelder

              Hi Peter,

              FYI, for me it was fixed when NOT using the always free slider when provisioning an ATP db. I did disable auto-scaling and put in the same amount of cores as the always free version and 1 TB as it didn't let me input a lower number. For me on that version ORDS and APEX worked after like 10 minutes.

              Edit:

              I thought it was free when still using 1 OCPU and < 20GB this way. However I rechecked today and after a few days it did charge credits.