Financial Consolidation and Close

Get Involved. Join the Conversation.

Topic

    Stephen Coleman
    Update/Maintainance Failure
    Topic posted August 5, 2019 by Stephen ColemanBronze Medal: 1,250+ Points, tagged Balance Sheet, Consolidation, Dimensions 
    439 Views, 53 Comments
    Title:
    Update/Maintainance Failure
    Summary:
    The maintainance 08/02/19 failed
    Content:

    Morning,

    I logged into the environments this morning and noticed the upgrade failed.  It stated a form failed, FCCS_Balance Sheet Key Balances By View.  I am not exactly sure yet, but I did see two accounts with "_TBA" and my account structure is out of order.

    Has anyone seen this after the update?

    The application was functioning as expected Friday before the upgrade.

    Comment

    • Michel Schoolenaar

      Hi Stephen,

       

      I'm sorry to hear this. Please raise an SR and support can look into this.

       

      Thanks,

       

      Michel

    • Stephen Coleman

      Good morning,

      Thank you for the reply.  The SR is SR 3-20687197531

    • Suresh Maharana

      Development is aware of the issue and they are currently working on it.

    • Michel Schoolenaar

      We are actively working on this to get this resolved.

      Thanks,

       

      Michel

      • Belmond Facheu

        Hi Michel,

        With the 2019.08 release our closed + locked periods are now showing data status as Impacted. We are no more able to consolidate data and have to unlock all prior periods.

        Is that something that Oracle is already aware about it?

        Thanks

        Belmond

        • Michel Schoolenaar

          Hi Belmond,

          I'm sorry to hear that your environment is also impacted by this.

          Just to make sure that our support team is aware of this, I would kindly ask you to raise a Support Request on support.oracle.com

          I'm not sure if your situation happened to more customers, hence the SR request to ensure that our teams will also look into this.

          Sorry for any inconvenience caused!

           

          Thanks,

           

          Michel

           

          • Belmond Facheu

            SR already opened few hours ago : SR 3-20687849651

             

             

             

          • Stephen Coleman

            Hello,

            I was looking at my FCCS JEs, I noticed the value after the decimal is truncated.  The JEs are posted, but out of balance.  Is it related to this update?

            For example

            • 0.21 and in the app  it is now 0
            • 123.54 is now 123
          • Stephen Coleman

            Hello,

            I was looking at my FCCS JEs, I noticed the value after the decimal is truncated.  The JEs are posted, but out of balance.  Is it related to this update?

            For example

            • 0.21 and in the app  it is now 0
            • 123.54 is now 123
    • Stephen Coleman

      Hi,

      I rearranged the accounts, but cannot deploy due to the ratios - some are looking at FCCS_Equity.  And of course we cannot change the label or formula.  Could we delete the ratios?  What will that impact?

      FCCS_Total Liabilities_TBA and FCCS_Total Equity_TBA

    • Bernardo Andres Neira

      Hi Stephen are you able to recalculate ownership data ??

      I'm getting an "unknown error , please investigate the logs" while tryng to do so

      Already raised anSR 3-20688602401

      Thanks

    • Stephen Coleman

      Hi,

      We do not have ownership.  No calculation for this required.

      I have an SR as well.  Oracle is reviewing it

    • stuart nicholson
      Hi We are also experiencing this issue. Already logged P1 SR.
    • Jon Khan

      Hi,

      Also seeing the issue since the update.

      Have raised an SR and awaiting response.

      It would be useful if a comms could be sent out by Oracle around the scope of the issue and possible resolution times.

      Many thanks

       

       

      • Rich Wilkie

        Our team is working on the issue and will publish a timeline for a fix as soon as possible.  

        • Stephanie Talbot

          Hello,

          When can we expect the timeline for the fix?

          Thank you,

          • Rich Wilkie

            The team has identified the issue and is currently working on the fix and any possible workarounds.  We will pass along timelines when available.

            • Jon Khan

              Thanks Rich

            • Jon Khan

              Thanks Rich

            • Bernardo Andres Neira

              Hi Rich, any updates ??

              • Rich Wilkie

                We have a fix and are testing it for the affected Test environments.  We expect it to be available by Friday.   This fix will be included in the 19.08 Production update so we do not expect any issues there.  

                The workaround mentioned before appears to fix the issue and Support should be reaching out to affected customers.   The workaround requires a 19.07.62 snapshot (support will help you get this backup unless you have one available) from before the update was applied last Friday.  The steps:

                1. Delete existing application
                2. Import 19.07.62 snapshot into test environment
                • Any work you have done since the snapshot was taken would obviously be lost since you would be reverting to that snapshot
                • Stephen Coleman

                  Morning,

                  How log should it take to get a backup from Support?

                • Rich Wilkie

                  For anyone who has not yet done the workaround i have good news.  Tomorrow (Wednesday August 14) we will be applying a patch to all affected environments that will fix the issue caused by the 19.08 update.  Your environment should be all set after your AMW.   

                  This issue is fixed in 19.08 production and thus we do not expect any issues with the Friday update for Production environments.  

                  • Trisha Chevli

                    Hi - for customers currently impacted on from the Aug 10 update (but not the original Aug 2 update), should they defer the 19.08 patch as that request is due by EOD Aug 14? On our SR, we were requested to do so because there is no sufficient time to review the patch before production. 

                    SR response below: "Just got a latest update that 19.08.67 will be ready for deployment on August 14. So you can go ahead with new SR and request postponement of production patch which is due on Aug 16. 
                    Believe there is no sufficient time to review this patch before moving to production."

                    • Rich Wilkie

                      No need to defer 19.08 Production update unless you feel a need to spend more time testing. The Aug 10 issue affects only single currency application customers and will be fixed in Test instances on Friday and has already been addressed in the 19.08 Production update which also will be delivered on Friday.  In short by end of day on Friday both Test and Production should be fine.

                      • Wayne F

                        Rich,

                        Thank you for the update do we have a more serious issue if this update issue affected out multi-currency application?

                        Thanks

                        Wayne

                         

                        • Rich Wilkie

                          The original 19.08 update applied to Test on Friday Aug 2 is the issue being fixed tomorrow.  This is not a currency issue.  A new issue, affecting only single currency applications, was introduced on Friday Aug 9's update (ie the weekly patch).  That is being fixed on Friday Aug 16 in Test.  All issues are fixed for the production update on Friday Aug 16.  

                          • Wayne F

                            Thank you for the update Rich

                          • Luis

                            Hi Rich,

                            Looks like the patch 19.08.67 does not fix all issues caused by Aug 2 patch. We still are seeing some FCCS seeded members in the wrong place of the hierarchy.

                            Is there additional info on this one?

                            Thanks

                      • Bernardo Andres Neira

                        Hi Rich I have an issue with journals (ADF screen), after 19.08 was released on my testing environment, I have an open SR but was wondering, since it looks like no one has faced this issue (at least people on customer connect) do you think I should hold the upgrade from my production environment ??

                         

                        Thanks

              • Rich Wilkie

                We now expect the fix be applied to your test environment during AMW tomorrow evening.

                • Rich Wilkie

                  Unfortunately due to some issues uncovered during testing we will need to delay the update until tomorrow. 

                • Rich Wilkie

                  Unfortunately we found some issues in our overnight testing and will need to delay the patch again.  We will update with a new plan when available.

    • Stephen Coleman

      Hi,

      Thank you

    • Rich Wilkie

      We identified the cause of the issue and it will be fixed for the 19.08 Production update.  We are currently testing a fix for the affected Test environments and should have a further update on that tomorrow.   

      We  also successfully tested a workaround with one affected environment and are waiting for the test results from another before we publish.  I should also have a status update on that tomorrow.

      • Rich Wilkie

        The workaround appears to fix the issue and Support should be reaching out to affected customers.   The workaround requires a 19.07.62 snapshot (support will help you get this backup unless you have one available) from before the update was applied last Friday.  The steps:

        1. Delete existing application
        2. Import 19.07.62 snapshot into test environment
        • Any work you have done since the snapshot was taken would obviously be lost since you would be reverting to that snapshot
    • Stephen Coleman

      Hi,

      Thank you Rich.

      Will Oracle be able to get us a Snapshot of the Friday before the maintenance on Friday night?

    • Bernardo Andres Neira

      I already followed the suggestions and everything was ok until I tried to view some journals I keep getting the error from the attachment. Tried restarting the instance, but didn't change anything

       

      Has anyone faced this after the update ??

       

      • Stephen Coleman

        Hi,

        Do you know what the error is related to?

        • Bernardo Andres Neira

          No idea, it happens only for the journal card, viewing journals generate the ADF error. At first I thought it was a browser related issue so I tried with firefox, chrome, IE and Edge. The outcome was the same

          Already updated my SR but It think I would be wise to stop my production environment from getting the 19.08 patch

          • Arild Bjorsvik

            Hello.

            I understand that you followed the workaround and restored a 19.07.62 snapshot to your test environent.

            Did you get a response from Oracle on your comment about the ADF error?

            I'm asking because our TEST is also messed up and I'm not sure if I trust the patch fix.

            • Bernardo Andres Neira

              Hi, I did restore it as requested on the SR.

              Unfortunately nothing specific about the ADF issue, I'll see if the update from today fixes the issue otherwise I'll try and call off my production update

    • Wayne F

      I had to request the backup twice

       

    • Rich Wilkie
      What is the SR for your issue.  If you restored the backup I would be surprised if this is connected to that issue. The patch has been applied so once AMW is run you should be able to check.