Financial Consolidation and Close

Get Involved. Join the Conversation.

Topic

    Mihajlo Belosevic
    FCCS - Problem with translationAnswered
    Topic posted September 11, 2019 by Mihajlo BelosevicGreen Ribbon: 100+ Points 
    30 Views, 2 Comments
    Title:
    FCCS - Problem with translation
    Summary:
    Translation not carried out for the single entity
    Content:

    Hello everyone,

    I'm currently facing a very strange issue, since no values in EUR_Reporitng are appearing after successful translation running for only one of the entities and for only one period (May FY19). It's strange because nothing has been changed in the system, no additional code in the business rule, and the problem appears only for the May (april and all other previous periods and years are fine). Rule completes successfuly each time and we run it the same way, but I see only zeros when i change to EUR_Reporting (Entity currency is ok). All other entities have correct values in EUR. Additionaly, all relevant periods are opened, currency rates have been entered, and nothing has been changed regarding metadata. I tried few times to refresh database and repeat the process of running consolidation and translation, but nothing changed. Entity Currency is RSD. Does anyone have any idea why is this happening ? Thanks :)

    BR, Mihajlo

    Version:
    19.08.70
    Image:
    Document:
    Document:
    Document:

    Best Comment

    Luca Scarpa

    Hi Mihajlo

    Not exactly sure as to why, but I have had similar issues before. Have you tried clearing the Exchange Rates for RSD to EUR, re-type it in, save and Compute Rates.

    Your SER050 entity should get impacted at Entity Currency. Consolidate first and then Translate to EUR.

    Alternatively, you could enter a small number into a cell for that entity at Entity Currency, then Consolidate and Translate.

    Give it a try.

    Luca

     

    Comment

     

    • Luca Scarpa

      Hi Mihajlo

      Not exactly sure as to why, but I have had similar issues before. Have you tried clearing the Exchange Rates for RSD to EUR, re-type it in, save and Compute Rates.

      Your SER050 entity should get impacted at Entity Currency. Consolidate first and then Translate to EUR.

      Alternatively, you could enter a small number into a cell for that entity at Entity Currency, then Consolidate and Translate.

      Give it a try.

      Luca

       

      • Mihajlo Belosevic

        Hello Luca,

        Sry for late reply, that's exactly what I did, and it worked. I reentered the rates and launched the rule and everything was ok. Either way, quite strange behaviour. Thank you :)

         

        BR, Mihajlo