Comments

• 1-15 of 15
  • Hussam Yousuf

Thanks Hardik,

I will try working that way.

Regards

Hussam

Thanks Zsolt

Zsolt Tolgyesi said:

Hi Arpit,

No any of two is an elegant solution, but the product can't help about this situation as a standard functionality (as far as I know) for now.

1) use weight as a quota: Bucket capacity for today is 400 unit, because two guys working with a 200 kg capacity car; both technician have 200 unit shift; travel excluded; fixed activity duration as the activity required weight; normal Routing with overtime not allowed.

2) technician filled with 200 piece equipment "weight"; activity required equipment amount is as the weight required; normal shifts; Routing with equipment.

Or look for your Success Manager to get a complete / better solution if there is.

Sorry I can't explain it better, those are just ideas, maybe no any of them are usable, unforeseen issues may happens.

Regards,
    Zsolt

View original

Hi Zsolt,

We are trying to use the second solution suggested by you, were we add 'Weight' as the required inventory. But through APIs while we update the activities in Bulk, it requires a mandatory field-Model number for the Inventory. How can we solve this, its not an elegant solution to add a model number for  each 'Weight' Inventory, and I believe if we give a model number, then the Resources Inventory should also have the 'Weight' Inventory with the same model number. Also we are unable to find the field Model number, inorder to add it to the Add Resource Inventory form as well. Kindly help me with a solution.

Thanks

Hussam

Hi Hardik,

I can't find any screenshots attached. Can you please share it again. Please help me understand, how can I add an Inventory called 'Weight' with only 'Quantity-kg' as the unit of measurement. I don't want to pass any other information through APIs such as Model Number or Serial Number, as it wont make sense here, as I am trying to add 'weight' as a required inventory, so that, i can stop loading the resources, once the resources do not have the 'Weight' required. I am doing this setup in order to manage the Capacity each Resource can carry. Based on the previous discussions in the Blog, Zsolt suggested this way of adding an Required Inventory named 'Weight' to the activities, so that it stops loading once the Resources are out of the inventory 'Weight' quantity.

Thanks

OK Thanks Hardik.

hardik gupta said:

Hi Hussam,

The work skills that are required to complete an activity are assigned by OFSC based on Work skill Conditions.

Work skill conditions can be created inside work skills section.

So when an activity is created OFSC checks the Work skills conditions and automatically assigns the work skills to the activity.

For your query you need to first create work skills and then Work skill conditions. To dynamically change the work skills you need to only update the activity fields that are responsible for work skill conditions. Activity fields for pending activities can be updated using REST/SOAP API or manually.

Regards,

Hardik Gupta

View original

Hi Hardik,

Thanks for the response, but the information which you gave was something which we are aware of. So you are saying its not possible to send the work skill required for each activities during the time of creation through APIs, right?

Zsolt Tolgyesi said:

Hi Hussam,

Same here, it's just accept that settings when I set the Maximum to "Unlimited". You can ask Support trough SR if the usage of "Scheduling constraints" option is mandatory.

Regards,
    Zsolt

View original

OK. Thanks Zsolt.

Zsolt Tolgyesi said:

Hi Hussam,

Minimum means the time which is necessary between the first's end and the second's start.
    Maximum means the time which is still acceptable (activities are not changing they colors to pink).
    Adjustable means you can type the exact time value when make the link onscreen, the default will be the given number.
    Non-adjustable means you can't type the time, the link will be created with the given time shift when make te link onscreen.
    Unlimited means the second activity can be started in the same day but the time difference can be any.

Non-adjustable 0/0 working here. The second activity's start time is equal the first's end.

Regards,
    Zsolt

View original

Thank you so much for the reply as it gave me understanding about the topic. But I have attached a screenshot which shows the error that appears when I try to set Maximum interval as 0 and opt for Scheduling constraints.

Pete Coonerty said:

Hello,

We have been told by our CSM that going back to Google maps (view only, not to be used for coordinates), is an option and will be happening.  We are still waiting for a date.  I will follow them up again.

Regards

Pete

View original

Ok Pete

Thanks

Hussam

Danette Beal said:

Hi Hussam,

Do you mind letting us know how you resolved this and mark a best answer? It seems there are some quality thoughts in this thread and I'd love to point to one of them. If you resolved on your own, please let us know how.

THANKS!

Danette, Community Manager

View original

Hi Danette,

I feel Joanne Wilson's suggestion helped me. Even though I did not raise any service request, the problem got resolved. So I assume Oracle would have done the required service update, which enabled viewing resource traces.

Thank you.

• Hussam Yousuf
    Guys it's working fine now. Thanks guys :)
    Alistair Vendy said:

Hi Hussam,

The fix that Jo mentioned in the previous comment has now gone ahead and I can confirm we are now seeing the resource trace dots again. If you are still unable to see these then it may be worth raising the issue as Jo suggested,

Regards

Alistair

View original

Still the issue is not resolved. Here i have attached a screenshot of the traces, but it appears only for some micro seconds, when we refresh the page. The Resource traces comes and goes of very soon. Help me out with this.

Joanne Wilson said:

Hi Hussam,

It would be worth contacting your CSM to check - sounds very much like the issue we are currently experiencing.  We expect it to be fixed in the next service release tomorrow - I will confirm on here that it works.

Jo

View original

Thanks Jo

• Hussam Yousuf

Location access is allowed and GPS is ON. Even the Resource Trace is checked. I can see the resource in the map view and can see it moving. But the traces are not to be seen. Also I have noted that once we refresh the page for a very small time, maybe a micro second, the blue dots of the traces appears and goes off.

Thanks Hardik.